With the excitement for winter’s chilly nights building up, we’re looking forward to all the yummy winter foods and drinks the season brings. One universal favourite happens to be the classic hot chocolate, and we tried some fun recipes that bring a unique twist on this classic drink.
Here are some interesting options to give your cup that extra flavour!
Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
– Take 2 cups of milk, ½ cup of cream and 100g of double chocolate Pour into a pan, and bring to a boil
– Whisk until smooth
– Pour into cups, dunk in a few marshmallows and enjoy!
Hot Chocolate with Nutella
– Mix 2-3 tsps of cocoa, 2 tblsp sugar and a pinch of salt in a large mug
– Heat 1 cup milk and gradually add it to the cocoa mixture
– Stir in 1 tbsp of Nutella and ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon Sticks
– Over low heat, warm 4 cups of milk
– Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 80g of dark chocolate and 80g of milk chocolate, stir until melted
– Stir in 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
– Remove from heat and serve garnished with cinnamon sticks
Frozen Hot Chocolate
– In a pot, heat 4 cups of milk.
– Add 1 tbsp cocoa, 2 milk chocolate bars and a pinch of salt
– Remove from heat and place in the fridge until cold
– Add 4 cups of ice to the blender along with the cooled chocolate milk
– Pour into glasses and serve, top with whipped cream if you like
Photos Courtesy: Web