All posts tagged "featured"
- Can the new faces of Sapphire continue the legacy?
Ever since it was announced that Elan’s Khadijah Shah and Sapphire would be parting ways after their hugely successful collaboration, there...FashionJanuary 22, 2018
- In bloom: Dark florals are the way to go
Florals? Again? This season’s florals come in soft pastel colors and vibrant hues, all of which are some variation of the...FashionJanuary 21, 2018
- Will we forget about Zainab?
It has been a week since we all saw the picture of 8-year-old Zainab Ansari splashed across all media platforms with...LifestyleJanuary 18, 2018
- Mohammad Hanif’s new book cover revealed
After a five year long wait highly anticipated Pakistani author Mohammad Hanif’s latest novel just became so much more real. It...LifestyleJanuary 17, 2018
- The furry Gucci shoes everyone’s just gotta have
Are these Princetown Gucci slippers the ugliest shoes to have taken fashion by storm? The mullet of footwear, these shoes are...FashionJanuary 9, 2018
- A garage band guide to shooting a music video
Whether you are an artist, activist or setting up a small business a strong digital presence is essential. Social media has...EntertainmentJanuary 8, 2018
- What are celebrities hoping for in 2018?
Let’s get real – just because numbers change on a calendar at the strike of 12 o’ clock doesn’t mean that...EntertainmentJanuary 2, 2018
- Republic: What bridal dreams are made of
Romance, art and the Victorian Era are the inspiration for the breathtaking 2018 haute couture collection by Republic. Un Beau Reve...FashionDecember 27, 2017
- 20 best red carpet looks of 2017
Celebrity red carpet occasions and film promotions are the best opportunity for stars to put their best foot forward. Here are...FashionDecember 22, 2017
- Rangreza: a colorful, musical, pretty train wreck
Pakistani society has always looked askance at the ‘expressive’ arts. Thanks to the strain of right-wing factions, there have been lesser...EntertainmentDecember 21, 2017
- How to wear a winter suit: celebrities show us how
For the girl who loves fashion trends but can’t seem to figure out how to pull them off, there is no...FashionDecember 20, 2017
- Ahsan Khan is happy to be playing a ‘moron’
Ahsan Khan has done it all. Television, film, gameshows, comedy that leaves you in splits and heart wrenching drama that had...EntertainmentDecember 19, 2017
- Our picks for the Golden Globes
Nominations for the 75th annual Golden Globe Awards were announced earlier this week – here are our picks! Guillermo del...UncategorizedDecember 15, 2017
- What’s wrong with selling a dream wedding?
It is the season of weddings – the most illustrious of festivities. From grand fashion to food, a big fat desi...LifestyleDecember 14, 2017
- Demonising Muniba: The sin of success
An education blogger is an agent, a beautiful model is a prostitute, a female politician is a thief, an actress is...LifestyleDecember 12, 2017
- My Pure Land: When a woman fights back
For a passionate lover of the arts, moving to Dubai was a cultural shock. Though I still feel an ache for the...EntertainmentDecember 11, 2017
- Justice League: over the top isn’t always good
I was one of the few people who liked Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, 2016 and stood firmly by my opinion...EntertainmentNovember 27, 2017
- Verna is a story about men and that is its saving grace
I was skeptical when I first heard that Shoaib Mansoor was writing and directing a movie about a woman’s rape. That’s...EntertainmentNovember 20, 2017
- Haroon Shahid on how men should respond to Verna
When a fictional rape survivor cannot even demand justice from her fictional rapist on film without fear of censorship, we must ask...EntertainmentNovember 17, 2017
- The irony of the ban of Verna
Shoaib Mansoor’s film Verna has reportedly been banned by the Central Board of FilmCensors and the irony is not to be missed – a film that encouraged survivors to be speak...EntertainmentNovember 14, 2017