If you’re blessed with a headful of curls, you probably know that there is a special way of handling, styling and caring for them. For those of you, who’re still trying to figure it out, here are the 10 Curl Commandments that you need to follow: Thou shal
If you’re blessed with a headful of curls, you probably know that there is a special way of handling, styling and caring for them. For those of you, who’re still trying to figure it out, here are the 10 Curl Commandments that you need to follow:
- Thou shall not use a brush. Use wide toothed combs instead. Toss out all your hairbrushes; toss your sister’s as well while you’re at it.
- Thou shall not shampoo every day. Shampoos rip your hair off it’s natural moisture, hence twice or thrice a week is more then enough to keep your curls clean yet save them from drying out.
- Thou shall keep thy hair conditioned & moisturized, at all times. Skipping conditioning is never a good idea, specially when you’ve been blessed with a headful of curls.
- Thou shall not touch thy hair when it’s dry. All the styling you need can be done while your hair is wet / semi-wet. Touching your hair when it has dried completely leads to frizz and nobody wants that.
- Thou shall keep away from towels. Let your hair air dry or pat dry with a t shirt if absolutely necessary or if you’re running late to catch your train.
- Thou shall always detangle. Tangled sounds nice for a Disney movie, but not when you have to tug and twist your hair to get them back in shape.
- Thou shall provide thy curls the nourishment they need. Oiling may seem gross, but it will save you from costly treatments later on. Leave-in conditioner and hair milks can be used as an alternative.
- Thou shall embrace thy curls. Rebonding, Extenso and straightening all seem great, but nothing beats your natural texture, so don’t try to change what you’ve been blessed with.
- Thou shall stay away from heat. Limit your use of styling products such as blowdryers, straighteners and curling irons as they tend to damage your hair in the long run.
- Thou shall keep your hands off! The more you touch your hair, the worse it becomes. So keep your hands away and let the naturalness flourish.