During this period of social-distance in quarantine and spending it inside at home, there are many ways to stay...
During this period of social-distance in quarantine and spending it inside at home, there are many ways to stay occupied, including cooking and baking! A recipe for homemade casserole would be the ideal way to pass your time productively and you end up with a delicious meal!
- 400 grams of penne pasta,
- 3 chicken breast fillets sliced and diced
- White Sauce (canned or fresh)
- Red Sauce (canned or fresh)
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 100 grams of grated cheddar cheese
- Marinate the chicken and add a salt/pepper for seasoning and a tablespoon of mustard, rubbing it into the chicken, cooking oil of your choice, paprika, chili sauce and garlic.
- After this, cover and refrigerate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Using the 30 minutes to begin making the casserole by boiling the pasta
- Sauté the chicken in a pan till it turns a colour of brown and the juices have been absorbed or dried into it.
- Canned or fresh red sauce will be sautéed in the pan with capsicum and the chicken before using the red sauce and chicken to layer the bottom of the glass/ceramic dish.
- After this spread boiled pasta evenly while tossing in mushrooms.
- Melt half of the grated cheese into the white sauce.
- Spread the white sauce, distributing it fairly on top of the mushrooms and pasta, covering the entire area
- Topping the pre-baked product with any choice of dried herbs, remaining grated cheddar and drizzled with sriracha for that extra spice.
- Crack an egg and beat it till the yolk mixes with the white, spreading it over the top of the concoction.
- Finally, bake it for a total of 40 minutes, the last 10 minutes it should be baked in the oven at 270-275 degrees Fahrenheit (although it varies from oven to oven), with the top-grill on until its surface is a shade of golden.
Note: It is optional to cover the casserole with aluminium foil if you do not want that extra crisp or have uncooked products
Viola! Homemade Casserole, fresh out of the oven - bon appetit!
Comments (0) Closed