We are always riddled with that tiny fear of putting on weight during Ramadan - lockdown or no lockdown - because of all the fried food. I mean, who can say no to an aloo pakora?
For the health conscious who can stay disciplined and hold off on the deities at iftar, we found an excellent, easy to make recipe by Studio X! Those who find smoothies heavy can even have this at sehri - the dates will give you energy and the banana and milk will keep you satiated through the day.
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons whey protein (optional)
- 1/4 cup ice
- Blend almond butter and dates until the dates are perfectly blended
- Add in the banana, almond milk, whey protein & ice & blend until smooth!